Many thanks to Letizia, from reading interrupted, for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Her blog is a wonderful assortment of all things literary – from sharing her favorite poems to mulling over the phrase “dog eared.” I love it!
As part of having won this award, you are meant to pay it forward by highlighting 15 other bloggers who have intriguing/interesting/innovating/mind bending blogs. So, without further ado, here as some of my favorite bloggers (in random order) who deserve some recognition!
- Reading Interrupted – is it in bad taste to renominate? Oh well…
- Feel Happiness – a great blog that looks into what it means to be happy, and how best to achieve this elusive goal
- Jennifhsieh – a personal life and style blog
- The Professional Hobo – an amazing blog about how to travel for, well, life
- 1,000 Awesome Things – an old, big, blog about life’s amazing joys
- Mondo Musings – this is what I aim for BendedBrains to be like
- Marviiilous – beautiful pictures
- Music That’s Nu2Me – constantly updated music blog with tons of great finds
- Urban Bamboo – more wonderment and awesomeness
- The “Why?” Blog – lots of philosophical questions you’d never think to ask
- Philosophy Bro – philosophy made simple, eloquent, and entertaining
- Bros Like This Site – a breakdown of bro culture, by the numbers
- Poetic Parfait – wonderful poetry
- Completely Overrated – a great movie and media review blog
- Hyperbole And a Half – absolute hilarity. Always.
Apparently to accept this award, I also have to share seven intriguing facts about myself. Here goes nothing:
- I can speak Turkish conversationally, although I am always embarrassed. Hopefully I’ll overcome this when I move to Turkey in September.
- I have an irrational desire to be addicted to something. It seems nice to have to have a crutch.
- I’m actually finding this much harder than I anticipated.
- I’ve watched the original five seasons of Futurama way more than is good for me. I can quote the majority of every episode.
- Spiders terrify me, but I get a weird satisfaction from looking at pictures of them online.
- For some reason, Top 40 music always sounds really depressing to me.
- My childhood officially ended for me when I found my long lost collection of Star Wars action figures – deep in my basement, covered in grime and detritus – and I had to throw them all out.